2013/11/04 to 2013/11/08 | Malaga, Spain
EJU OTC Going for Gold
Past OTCs in 2013
06. to 16. Jan 2013 OTC - going for gold Mittersill, Austria
14. to 23. Mar 2013 OTC - going for gold Nymburk, Czech Republic
2. to 6. Apr 2013 OTC - going for gold Tata, Hungary
13. to 22. May 2013 OTC - going for gold Antalya, Turkey
11. to 20. June 2013 OTC - going for gold Minsk, Belarus
30. Sep to 05. Oct 2013 OTC - going for gold Rome, Italy
04. to 08. Nov 2013 OTC - going for gold Malaga, Spain
OTC Going for Gold in Malaga integrates talents and Olympians
The Olympic Training Centre, OTC “Going for Gold” is in full effect. Since Sunday 142 athletes are training in the sunny environment of Malaga. The Russian team came with 57 athletes in total and obviously a big home team from Spain with 42 athletes are in Malaga to train with the present foreign nations.
A strong team from Greece is present with Ilias Iliadis and Georgios Azoidis among others. For the first time Olympic bronze medallist Iliadis is present in Spain for the OTC.
Also some athletes who are preparing for the strong European U23 Championships are training in Spain such as Vlora Bedeti from Slovenia. The European U23 seemed to be a very tough event with a huge potential of talent, so a good preparation is welcome and the OTC facilitate such environment.
Nations outside Europe are present such as Canada and an athlete from Argentina.
The Spanish is rebuilding a new team and in the youth U20 they have a good growth of talent. Inspired by big athletes such as Iliadis, Alexander Mikhailin, Alim Gadanov, Kiril Denisov and World Ranking leader Sergej Samoylovich the athletes have some good partners. From Spain Sugoi Uriarte is one of the leading role models for the talented youth.
Also Spanish Olympians Oiana Blanco, Ana Carrascosa and Conchi Bellorin are present.
- Age group Seniors, U23, Juniors