Improve Your Club (IYC) seminars are designed and hosted by EJU experts to assist judo club coaches to deliver technical development to young judoka aged 8 to 12 years old.
The European Judo Union (EJU) believes that the education and development of club coaches should be treated with the same importance as that given to national coaches who are responsible for elite athletes. Local judo clubs are the starting point for national teams in each federation. Quality basic teaching is essentiel to enable athletes to eventually reach their full potential.
For this reason, in July 2013 the EJU created the EJU expert group which developed the Improve Your Club project. The project consists of unique seminars conducted by one of the EJU experts and focuses on teaching 8 to 12 year olds. These seminars serve the dual purpose of teaching club coaches/teachers to effectively motivate young people aged 8 -12 years, and how to continue training and competing in judo. Prior to the pandemic, the EJU organised 55 Seminars with more than 5.100 participants in 15 countries.
The EJU experts are available for conducting seminars organised by national federations for their judo coaches/teachers. Any club may apply for a seminar and an expert through and with consent of their national federation (as long as the national federation is affiliated with the EJU).The expert will edit an official video of each seminar for the EJU library. Participants of the seminars will be given access to official videos from all seminars held from 2013 in Europe.
CONDITIONS OF THE PROJECT:
- The list of EJU experts can be found below
- The title of the seminar: Technical development for teaching young judoka aged 8–12 years.
- Seminars will be organised in two teaching days on Saturday and Sunday.
- The NF will apply for the seminar and expert using the application form. In case the required specialist is not available for the date, the project director will recommend another one.
- The expert will advise the NF on the Programme well ahead of the seminar.
- The organising NF is obliged to film the seminar on video and provide the video feed to the expert for editing.
- The cost of expert is charge of the inviting National Federation. Information regarding the costs is available on our expert page.
In conjunction with this IYC project the experts have developed a unique set of videos which serve as support for the IYC seminars. A full range of techniques with progression from ukemi to ne waza have been put on line for coaches to consult. Those who have already participated in one of the IYC seminars also have access to all the seminars that have taken place.
Just down load IJF APP (available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store), go in the menu and click on Pedagogy Videos and choose your technique.