Seminars for judo club coaches – Technical development for teaching young judoka aged 8 – 12 years
The European Judo Union (EJU) believes that the education and development of club coaches should be treated with the same importance as that given to national coaches who are responsible for elite athletes. Local judo clubs are the starting point for national teams in each federation. Quality basic teaching is essentiel to enable athletes to eventually reach their full potential.
For this reason, in July 2013 the EJU created the EJU EXPERT GROUP which developped the “Improve Your Club” project. The project consists of unique seminars conducted by one of the EJU experts and focuses on teaching 8 to 12 year olds. These seminars serve the dual purpose of teaching club coaches/teachers to effectively motivate young people aged 8 -12 years, and how to continue training and competing in judo. In the last years the EJU organised 55 Seminars with more than 5.100 participants in 15 countries.
- The list of EJU experts is published on EJU website: www.eju.net/eju-experts.
- The title of the seminar: „Technical development for teaching young judoka aged 8–12 years“.
- Seminars will be organised in 2 teaching days on Saturday and Sunday.
- The NF will apply for the seminar and expert using the application Form. In case the required specialist is not available for the date, the project director will recommend another one.
- The expert will advise the NF on the Programme well ahead of the seminar.
- The organising NF is obliged to film the seminar on video and provide the video feed to the expert for editing.
- The cost of expert is charge of the inviting National Federation. Information regarding the costs is available on our expert page.
In conjunction with this IYC project the experts have developped a unique set of videos which serve as support for the IYC seminars. A full range of techniques with progression from ukemi to ne waza have been put on line for coaches to consult. Those who have already participated in one of the IYC seminars also have access to all the seminars that have taken place.