Although the technical rules are changing according to the development of the sport, there are set safety rules in judo which are to be follow:
- Intentionally harming an opponent is abandoned.
- One cannot punch or kick his/her opponent.
- You cannot touch the opponent’s face.
- Attacking the joints other than elbows is not allowed.
- Head dives are also not permitted.
- Some techniques like Kawazu gake and Kami basami are not allowed.
- Neither of the competitors are allowed to wear any hard metallic object during the competition.
Find out more via https://www.ijf.org/history/judo-what-is-it-all-about