The EJU want to invite federations, creative agencies, professional or semi-professional videographer to join our new VIDEO CONTEST.
Make a portrait of a current national team member who has the dream to compete at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. Your chosen athlete must come from and represent the same country where you live. The video can include interviews, footages of training sessions as well as images and footages of ‘behind the scene’ moments such as visiting your chosen athlete’s home and so on.
The focus of this short documentary/video contest is to show different perspectives of your chosen athlete and display how hard it is to pursue their dream. Demonstrate your own version of the “Road to Rio“. Submissions may include images, video, music and other features you feel best demonstrates the listed above, and your passion.
The contest submission period begins on July 6 until September 30. The voting process will begin on the 5th of October and will end on the 20th of October. Winners will be announced end of October.
Send your video to: [email protected]
Please use cloud-based file transfer services like Dropbox, GDrive or WeTransfer
Different prizes will be awarded to the best three videos that collect the most likes on our social media channels.
Length: 1:30 – 3:00 min
Format: HD, mp4
The length of the video should not exceed 180 seconds which does not include the 10 seconds title screen.
All entries should begin with a 10 seconds full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information:
- Name of the leader/producer
- Name of your chosen athlete
- Weight class of your chosen athlete
- Nationality of your chosen athlete
- Age of your chosen athlete
- Title of the video: Road to Rio
First Place: Gift coupon of 300 Euro
Second and third Place: Gift coupon of 100 Euro
To comply with these official rules and the submission guidelines each project must have one Leader/Producer (although several people may work together on the project). However, the completed project must be submitted under only one name. The team is required to designate one person as the agent of the team to enter the contest and to agree to these rules. Any prizes will be awarded to the named Leader/Producer only. Participants can list co-presenters on the entry form and may choose to divide the prize on their own terms. Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin.
Submitted works MUST NOT:
- promote illegal behaviour
- support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice
- advocate sexual or violent exploitation
- violate rights established by law or agreement
- invade the privacy of any person, orbe otherwise inappropriate as determined by PopulationConnection in its sole and conclusive determine.
Enter as often as you wish. All submissions must be received and recorded within the contest submission period. Entrants should keep at least one copy of their video.
The EJU is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any films that are lost, damaged, or have not been uploaded properly. Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges. All parts of the online entry form must be completed when you upload your video for it to be eligible. All information presented in the video must be cited, giving credit to the original source. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the project remains with the entrant, with the following exceptions:
- Entrants grant the European Judo Union the right to use their videos for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- Entrants also grant the European Judo Union the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant. The European Judo Union maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues and occasions.