The 2nd edition of the World Combat Games will be organised by SportAccord in St-Petersburg in October.
Judo will be featured with a team event, which will gather together the best judo teams in the world. Four European teams are Nominated to participate in the men’s event, and two European team in the women’s event.
Nominated for WCG 2013 are Top 6 teams from Teams World Championships 2012, Salvador, Bahia, BRA, and top 2 teams from Teams World Championships, Rio 2013.
• Top 6 men 2012: Russia, Japan, Georgia, Brazil, Korea, France
• Top 2 men 2013: Germany, Uzbekistan
• Top 6 women 2012: Japan, China, Cuba, Brazil, Russia, Mongolia
• Top 2 women 2013: France, Korea
FORMAT OF THE EVENT
• Team competition: men and women
• 8 male teams of 5 competitors
– 66kg, 73kg, 81kg, 90kg, +90kg
• 8 female teams of 5 competitors
– 52kg, 57kg, 63kg, 70kg, +70kg
Friday, 18 October
Draw and Weigh-in women Saturday,
Saturday, 19 October
Preliminaries, final block, awarding ceremony and doping control for women, and weigh-in for men
Sunday, 20 October
Preliminaries, final block, awarding ceremony and doping control for men